Sunday 15 January 2017

Torino S.A.F.E key cutting - Keyprof Luke


It's already more then a year ago when I wrote this blog:

http://erwin400.blogspot.nl/2016/01/ferrari-400-torino-safe-key-glove-box.html

Well, it's becoming time to get this spare key sorted.  I simply could have went to the ordinairy key maker in the shopping mall or such. But I recalled from last years visit at Interclassics in Maastricht a very specialized carkey maker was present. Overhere he's quite known due to his trademark; a professor hat. His name is Keyprof Luke. See his website: https://www.keyprof.com/ His trademark picture is something I also recalled from adverts in various car magazines throughout the years. Thought it was nice to meet this guy in real.

And this year at Interclassics is also celebrating 70 years of Ferrari, so a very good excuse to go and combine it. I'm accompanied by Frank who is a major help in getting all my magazine scans nicely shaped in PDFs - so if you enjoy these you now know who to thank. Clearly Frank is a car nutter as well and with his knowledge he won a pair of entrance tickets for Interclassics on a small car picture contest by the Dutch Octane magazine.

Just coming back to the Keyprof, on his website I only noticed just now that he has also the blank Neiman keys on stock. They are listed at original carkeys Ferrari. You will see they are also listed at the BMW section - read this blog to understand why :

http://erwin400.blogspot.nl/2016/08/compatibility-item-ignition-steering.html

In any case, today I went there to visit him. I brought my own spare key with me but it turned out it was not the right one after all. Apparently the beard had different slots. But he had the right one on stock. Phew! I could trade in my old blank key with him. So now I have a proper spare key set complete for the 400. Another tick in the box!




1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete